Sunday, January 27, 2008

Non Vintage.....Missing My Hobbes.

Was going through my old MySpace blogs looking for something and found the entry I posted the day my cat, Hobbes, died in 2006. In memoriam....

22 Sep 2006

Lost a Best Friend Today.

My charming, sweet puppy-cat Hobbes Asland passed away this morning at 15 years old. He was a gentleman among cats.....kind, calm & affectionate in ways not seen often in the feline realm. He loved water...so much so he would jump in the shower with me, or in the bathtub while it was still 1/4 full. He slept next to my head on my pillow every night (and as a large boy, often leaving me with a mean-ass crick in my neck for making room for him). He loved to drink water from a running faucet & was generous with kitty-licks & paw-touches. He was a divine, noble man.....my Hobbes (Bob, Hobgoblin, Hobnobber, Robert, Hobbinator). Its been a hell of a battle this last month but when you said it was time to go, despite my broken heart I knew I had to let you. Rest in peace, gentle tabby. I'll love you always. I'll still turn on the faucet for you. Ang

Its more than I want to go into to explain why the song Summer Wind by Sinatra ended up tied up in my memory of losing Hobbes, but it did, and in honor I added it to the playlist. And please click the image of Hobbes to learn more about the Iowa State Veterinary Hospital....and incredible place with a superb, compassionate and kind staff who were trendously kind to Hobbes and I when he was ill and when he passed away. Donate if you can. Miss you, Bob.

~Ang

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin