Saturday, January 05, 2008

Hope Hall

Without totally exposing the buying habits of a customer, I do want to share a link to the site of a wonderful woman who came in to my shop today (and yesterday) and spent some quality time with my upstairs leasee, Julie of VINTAGE VITAE, a design collective featuring Julie's line, MAGPIE...(which I love, though not officially "vintage", but re-styled vintage pieces that were pieces too far gone to restore and ever so sweetly 30s/40s girlie wonderful!) and myself.

Hope was here in town for the Iowa Caucus to do a film on BARACK OBAMA, who most folks know by now did very well here!

All that aside, she was a delight to work with and (I think) thoroughly enjoyed the shop. If you see her in the future in New York, where she lives, wearing vintage it may be it came from Dorothea's Closet Vintage in Des Moines Iowa! More than anything, I wanted to share her website.....I've had a good look around it and am impressed and moved by her work. She's a wonderful person and infinitely talented. PLEASE go see her WEBSITE and do NOT miss her film short, "This is For Betsy Hall", an incredible homage to her mother addressing her mother's struggle with anorexia and bulemia. I personally was moved to tears....its clear she and her mother share a powerful bond. Hope is a delight and beyond talented. I am honored she spent time in my humble shop and wish her all my best in her endeavors.......

~Ang

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin