Wednesday, April 09, 2008

What's Going ON With 50s Dresses???

Srsly, why? It's been a recent phenom on eBay, and no, I won't link to the auctions because they are BLASPHEMY!!!....but then I noticed this pic on GO FUG YOURSELF.....

This is a 50s dress, and you can tell by how high the waist is and the construction. I promise, and I know vintage from vintage. And you must trust when I tell you the hot thing with the trendy eBay sellers is skinny twee models cinched into 50s dresses hacked off as minis and they are selling them for serious bank. Bah. And BAH. A pox upon them!!

I say, in rseponse, I will not be shortening the 50s dress so you can find a dress very similar dress to the one worn by whoever that chick is on my DOROTHEA'S CLOSET VINTAGE.....

I implore you.....do not inflict your need for cash upon the poor, pristine 50s dresses. Its wrong. And ps......tattered leggings make you look homeless, not chic, friends.

~Ang

1 comment:

Dandelion Vintage said...

I think those are my shoes, I threw them in the trash about 5 years ago.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin