Wednesday, April 16, 2008

eVintage WEDNESDAY BLOG TAG!~ The Maxi Dress

I've been tagged by SYDNEY'S VINTAGE FASHION RUNWAY of the eVINTAGE SOCIETY!

"We’ve been hearing it nearly every Spring the last few years....the maxi dress is back! Vintage sellers rush to their stashes of full length 70s dresses ready to supply the fashion forward with the real deal. A newer spin by the industry touts the maxi length as a “patio dress”, as does ELIE TAHARI with this gorgeous full length, floral silk dress offered for spring....

So. Ready for the maxi?"

MAXI OR PATIO DRESS, AND WHY?

I’m likely to use both if its what will get the modern buyer to see them and keep the traditional vintage buyers able to find them by the commonly used term. Though this post makes me realize I don't think I have ANY of the ones on my site called a patio dress, mental note to get busy on that!

FAVORITE MAXI DRESS IN YOUR INVENTORY?

I adore this jersey knit piece in black with 2 tone twisted waist sash and a brushstroke print of birds in flight...



AS A TREND, WILL IT BE A HIT OR A MISS?

I think to a degree. The trick here for sellers to remember is what's going to sell, and what translates to the looks like the one above, is flowing jersey fabrics, sexy necklines and bold, interesting prints. Your average maxi length bridesmaid's dress isn't going to suddenly be a hot item.

DO YOU WEAR MAXI DRESSES OR SKIRTS?

I would, but I’m a curvy 5′2″!

PROS AND CONS?

Pros.....the maxi can cover some body flaws. Lumpy things, pudgy knees, chubby ankles. Cons....the body type required to wear that kind of length and typically a bolder print usually doesn't have a lot of flaws to cover!




DOROTHEA'S CLOSET VINTAGE/REAL-VINTAGE tags Julie at DAMN GOOD VINTAGE.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Livros e Revistas, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://livros-e-revistas.blogspot.com. A hug.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin